We assist you with the following:
- Opening of Documentary Letters of Credit - issuance, advising, negotiating, confirming, transferring and back-to-back letters of credit.
- Pre and post shipment import and export financing, Trade and credit information
- Handling of import transactions under letters of Credit Collection and Open A/C basis.
- Handling Export Transactions under Letters of Credit and on Collection basis.
- Imports and Exports bills financing.
- Inward and Outward Remittances other than Imports and Exports.
- Collections of foreign bank drafts/TC deposited by customers for encashment through our foreign correspondents.
ACCPlus caters for the needs of companies which need to carry out trading activities in Asia and Africa by allowing them to structure in a free zone in either the UAE or in Mauritius.
Free zones present fiscal and non-fiscal advantages which make them attractive for cross-border trading. These include low corporate tax rates, duty free import and export, preferential access to regional markets and warehousing and processing facilities next to sea and air ports.
Mauritius Freeport Company
A Freeport operator is licensed by the Board of Investment (‘BOI’) to carry out physical trading with the freeport of Mauritius. Freeport zones are available at both the seaport and airport, enabling sea-to-sea or sea-to-air or air-to-air trading.
Freeport companies can be set up in Mauritius to carry out the following activities:
- Warehousing and storage
- Bulk breaking
- Labelling, packaging and re-packaging
- Export and re-export oriented seaport and airport based activities
- Light assembly and minor processing
- Freight forwarding services
Advantages of the freeport companies
- Corporate tax at 0% for trading
- Duty free and VAT free imports and exports on goods and equipment
- 100% foreign ownership allowed
- Reduced port-handling charges
- Access to regional markets
- Paper Trading
- Entry into the domestic market
In this era of doing business across the globe, investing through the right structure could be a major determinant of success. Several aspects need to considered, namely:
- ease of entry & exit;
- allowing flexibility of most suitable funding options;
- preventing / minimising regulatory hurdles;
- ensuring protection of investment against state actions, such as expropriation;
- minimising cost of doing business, including overall tax cost; and
- allowing free flow of funds in and out
With several years of practical experience and insightful knowledge of many proven jurisdictions, ACCPlus can provide advice on cross border investment structuring so that you can reap the full benefits from your offshore investment wherever it is domiciled. We will partner with you in deciding the most appropriate structure and implementing the latter in various jurisdictions of choice, where we have a presence on our own or through our network of partners.
Complying with tax regulations in different jurisdictions could be a daunting task. We realise this and thus offer a full range of taxation services. We will take care of all your tax compliance including the computation of tax payable, the preparation and filing of tax returns, liaising with tax authorities and providing you with all required inputs and updates to ensure that all your tax matters are handled properly. We also work with tax advisors and consultants to provide important pieces of advice on complicated tax matters.